Camp and Fish on Leech Lake at New Leech Lake Campground & Resort
FOR SALE: 2002 39' PARK MODEL AND 4000 lb SHORE STATION $21,500. Includes 26' x 10' deck, Rubbermaid storage unit & 2016 lot rent.
FIREWOOD RESTRICTIONS: Due to the emarald ash borer (EAB) a firewood restriction order has been issued by the DNR. Therefore, no firewood is to be brought into camp. All firewood must be purchased from us.
PROTECT LEECH LAKE FROM AIS: Remember to keep our lake safe and free of Aquatic Invasive Speies by emptying any water from your boat, live wells and bait buckets before entering our waters. Thank You.
New Leech Lake Campground is open year round for summer and winter ice fishing, hunting, snowmobiling and ATVing. We are located on Portage Bay at the north end of Leech Lake. We offer seasonal, primitive tenting, and full hookup campsites. We have two housekeeping apartments (like cabins) above our lodge that are set up to be used individually or with a door that opens to allow the two apartments to become one. These apartments are available for a daily and weekly rate. Leech Lake Campground is an affordable, friendly fishing camp and a great safe place for children to play outside in nature!
Leech Lake's fantastic fishing is the main draw for our guests. Excellent fishing begins right off our docks. Leech Lake is well known among anglers for its excellent walleye, northern pike, and muskie fishing but the lake also boasts large numbers of perch, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, black crappie and panfish.
If you are looking to take a couple steps back in time and escape the hustle and bustle of the world and go into the woods, back to nature (NOT TOO BACK TO NATURE THOUGH) to a small Mom & Pop style get away ... then this is the place for you. We DO NOT have kareoke or a music playing, booming bar or a full service restaurant. We DO HAVE peace and quiet. Tranquility. Relaxation. We are a small camp where people are glad to see you and will give you tips on the hot fishing spots or what baits are doing well. We are not a party camp. You can stay up all night and enjoy your cocktails if you like to, you just have to have respect for what the next person in camp desires for their vacation are and keep the noise level down. We are secluded enough and small enough that we are a safe place for the kids to go out and play in the sand or dirt or ride bike or swim. They can look around canp and find bugs, turtles, flowers, leaves, etc. It really is the appreciation of nature in our camp.
- New Leech Lake Campground has an easy access boat launch ramp and a harbor updated with a floating dock system. We ask that you provide your own boat ties and bumpers.
- We have a beach area where the water level is very gradual and works well for little ones to play in.
- Our LODGE has a pool table, restrooms, candy display, soda, pizza, ice cream, a 32" color TV and an assortment of basic groceries and WIFI internet access.
- We have very nice sized bundles of firewood for sale. They are delivered to your campsite fire ring.
- We do not sell fishing licenses so be sure to get yours before you arrive.
- We carry leeches and worms but do not have minnows on hand.